APT 0.00% $66.47 afterpay limited

Alternative Metrics, page-59

1. 427 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 439
    Nice piece of Analysis @mal85.

I also noted the similarities of Sezzle's site (i.e. 90% direct copy) when researching them in the lead up to the US launch - thought they may have been in touch with each other as opposed to plagiarising (probably optimistic / ignorant on my behalf). I believe that 4 things will allow APT to overtake Sezzle in the US quickly (perhaps 12 to 18 months in terms of store count). They are:

1. % fee - APT's model for merchants and for customers is cheaper than Sezzle's
    2. Name - Afterpay is a better name than Sezzle, #afterpayit rings better than #sezzleit.
    3. Social Media - Afterpay runs a stronger brand promotion / social media platform that Sezzle has.
    4. Brands - As you said Sezzle lacks large retailers, Afterpay has 12 month old relationships with a number of US based brands which could easily launch in the states once APT had some information on US uptake.

One would think that Canada would be a logical next market to expand into, with support provided by the US team and a similar number of retailers from AUS/US established there. I had brought up Sezzle as a takeover target, I guess if it wasn't APT, it would be one of the other payment providers making a move to establish itself.

In regard to the AU expansion two things are certainly happening:
    1. Instore rollout continues (as seen in "instore list on website)
    2. SMB adoption continues (as seen in "new to APT' on website)

How that relates to TTV I won't guess, but I'll second you and suggest anyone new to the stock to do some reading of prior posts to see what the bulls and bears have been saying. One will note the stopping on any comparisons to Z1p in the last 6 months.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.