OZL 0.00% $26.44 oz minerals limited

alternative proposal- 48c raising?, page-17

1. 1,965 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 25
    It's not too late to vote no, and force Michelmore to look at the alternatives on the table. Barclays would not have bought in if was a serious risk of administration, it's quite obvious they've overstated this risk. Unless Barclays knows which way the votes going to go (which I doubt), they're not going to gamble a few hundred million.

I've delved into the figures and certainly current p/e of OZL is not too bad compared to lower cap peers (nobody really comparable mid-tier I could find). Many small cap nickel, zinc miners with cash in bank running at p/e's of 2.2 to 2.6 on current prices (if you sub their cash from market cap). The assets being sold to MM represent approximate p/e of 2 to 2.1 (you can work this out based on current metal prices, nothing mysterious here). So conservative guestimate around 10-15% discount to market price. However prominent hill seems to have a disproportionately high p/e, based on our current SP.

Smaller cap miners have shot up tremendously in recent times, average of around 180% of ones I follow - but what I forget is they dropped to much lower lows (from their 52 week high), compared to OZ. So modest OZL gain of around 70% is probably in line taking this into consideration.

In any case I still would rather avoid selling at the bottom of the cycle, but perhaps the cut and run investment style will suit others just fine (and there's nothing wrong with that).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OZL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.