AGH 4.17% 2.3¢ althea group holdings limited

Hi All,I am opening this thread so that people can discuss the...

1. 232 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 70
    Hi All,

I am opening this thread so that people can discuss the future of Althea, rather than whether the price went down because the biggest holder, CEO or super fund sold it's stake. Or it went up because traders found EMA, SMA, high volume trading, worked in their direction.

Let's talk about the business itself, bad things, good things, future opportunities or management mistakes.
    Let's change opinions about the industry, products, growth prospects etc.

Global legal cannabis market is expected to reach 66B by 2025:
    https://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/asx-cannabis-shares-buy-november-051559051.html

Aphria sell off:
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/aphria-profit-didnt-come-from-selling-marijuana-2019-10-15
    "Another paper gain that helped push Aphria into the black for the quarter was an arcane change in accounting methods it uses to value its investment in Althea Group Holdings Ltd. AGH, -3.80% . Aphria reduced its ownership stake and gave up its board seat and “ability to participate in Althea’s policy-making process” during the quarter, which allowed management to book profits of C$24.3 million, which it included as paper gains in its long-term investments."

My opinion:
    As Aphria is struggling to make profit, they've used the sell off from Althea for their own short term benefit.
    Just remember the contract for supply to Althea lasts till 2027, by that time Althea will have the production facility up and running. The Au company won't have the need to buy products then resell to Australia. They produce here and they sell here.
    Canada - They have Greg there, a person motivated with holdings in the company, with set targets and the opportunity to break through in Canada.
    In Josh's words, Canada is less regulated and the knowledge gap will play a role why Althea may start getting market share over there.
    UK is up and running, with clinics being set up and enrolled in the UK 20k patients program.
    Some funds are allocated to be invested in Europe, as lower wages can be used for production, to copy the same system in AU and Canada at a lower cost but supply to a bigger market in UK.

This is by no means a financial advice, rather than healthy conversation about the company.
    If you agree or disagree with my statement you are more than welcomed here.
    If you think the company is a good investment or it's not, that's your own decision.
    I really liked the responses from certain members of this forum, hence created this thread.
    cool.png

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.3¢
Change
-0.001(4.17%)
Mkt cap ! $9.323M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.3¢ 2.4¢ 2.3¢ $21.50K 934.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 505386 2.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.4¢ 885156 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.