GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

although i think it's great, page-5

1. 24,765 Posts.
    Don't be absurd Sandy. The only bubble in my opinion is your post. Just a small pin prick and it pops.

How can gold possibly be in a bubble when the price is still close to the true cost of production?

Oh that's right, I forgot. Gold miners are meant to be in the charity game. Their aim is not to make good profits after all their costly exploration and mining expenses but to struggle along mining gold, just keeping their heads above water, so they can keep supplying us with gold for jewellery.

Since when is gold in a bubble if it is about US$1200 in inflation adjusted terms below its 1980 peak using the manipulated official US inflation figures. Adjusting for real inflation, not downramping the figures each year, and gold needs to be about US$5000.

Oh that's right. The only price we look at is the US dollar price. The US dollar has not lost any of its value. The US dollar has not lost any of its purchasing power over the last 20 or 30 years.

Who are you trying to fool?

Gold is also only around 100% or so higher than its 1987 prices.

If you were old enough to be working around then maybe you will like to admit your salary is also in a "bubble" and should also come crashing down? You'd have real fun paying your bills now if your salary went back to 1980 levels.

But you expect gold mining companies to pay their bills in today's dollars yet still get a 1970s price for their gold?

Are you serious? Are you really serious?

Or maybe you were just a kid in nappies around 1980? After all, it's plenty of the nappy brigade, who have very little idea, apart from those with an interest in downramping gold such as the Gold Cartel and the stooges who push their views in the media around the world, who are telling us that gold is in a bubble.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.