Always was, always will be!, page-21

1. 18,215 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 171
    @wafflehead - I have had that test done too, don't know how reliable they are - I thought I was mostly German (born in Vienna) turns out I am 75 % Slavic, with some Northerner thrown in (Latvia) and a touch of Scandinavian, too. In your case: even the Torres Strait Islanders are a mixed race people, as most seafaring people are. The original inhabitants of Sicily and Southern Italy were most likely Greek, maybe Arab, too - now they are Italian, migrating all over the world, too.

re: your grandmother: this is what is happening in Europe - social services, providing accommodation to immigrants in preference to locals is an often-mentioned gripe by the general publi. I don't know how long the welfare states of Europe (and England!) can sustain this - this is what will cause bad blood and will divide communities.
    The argument for help, is essentially a humanitarian one, but also in the light of so many young men taking 'the trip West'' - fear of creating criminals unless you provide them with some means of survival.

How long can the locals afford to pay??

There are simply too many 'newcomers' - also: too many places where wars, strive cause people looking for refuge in the 'West'

We probably need to look to the 2% of ultra-rich people, who hold most of the wealth of this world, to let go of their miserly attitudes. (But that is probably just a vain hope rolleyes.png)

P.S. I am glad you managed to get services for your grandmother!!!
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.