KDY 0.00% 2.7¢ kaddy limited

@debtandregretAs the prior posts have offered plenty of great...

1. 82 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 896
    @debtandregret

As the prior posts have offered plenty of great company-specific points for you to evaluate -- with much more great stuff to be found in the other threads -- I figured I'd offer some additional more fundamental items to consider. Based on your comments and without trying to be too presumptive, I suggest investing a bit of time into investment education before making substantial investment decisions, generally speaking. Some of your comments indicate a mixture of FOMO and focus on ST outcomes and risk aversion, all of which are valid emotions that should ideally be addressed and managed appropriately. That indicates your process isn't as developed or solid as you'd ideally want it to be to take on substantial risks required to position yourself for potential multi-bagger returns based on skill and process rather than luck as luck isn't going to deliver repeatable outcomes. Unless you are committed to a purely technical analysis driven investment style, which does not appear to be the case from your comments, some form of fundamental analysis should form the foundation of your investment process of how you collect, process, and analyze information, derive and test an investment thesis, and continuously validate your thesis once you've built a position. Technical analysis should play a role when assessing entry/exit points and tactical opportunities, but the fundamental core is most critical. I suggest taking a step back and start with forming an investment philosophy first that will help you derive a process that suits how you view the world and how to generate returns, your risk tolerance and ability to assume risk, implied investment time horizons, etc. You can find plenty of good reading materials and in some cases also videos on the matter online. Suggest starting with some of the fundamental and value investment classics as they provide a foundational perspective on valuation.

Your comment about watching the price trading in the 4-5c range "...doing nothing..." tells me you didn't do enough fundamental analysis to build the conviction to pull the trigger, or that your expectations for what you expect the SP dord and over what period of time need to be assessed. (Hint: No one times entries and exists perfectly, repeatedly.) And that is ok as long as you realize that has implications, such as you asking why you "...always seem to miss out on the really good opportunities like this company..." being actually self-explanatory based on the little information you shared. You had the information in front of you like others but for whatever reason -- and only you can honestly answer what those reasons are -- choose not to act on that. Don't beat yourself up about it, but learn to realize that there are lessons to be learned as much from the market, other investors as from ourselves as we strive to become better investors. The reality is that to achieve massive multiple X returns an investor needs to get in early (or hold over a very long period) to benefit from compounding and that decision requires a) tons of research to b) build a conviction to actually commit to investing and c) the ability to commit capital and d) the ability psychologically maintain that conviction. Especially when the position may potentially retrace 50%, 60%, 70% or even 80% IF the fundamental thesis for the investment has not changed. And that is the difference between those who got a tip off/came across this at 0.5c or 1.7c or 4.2c, etc, and bought vs. those who saw it at the same/or any other price and did not act on it. So as one of the earlier posts pointed out, you could ask the same question again in a few years when the stock is trading at 35c, 50c, or 75c and the answer / your concerns could be the same.

@Keyhole's comment is spot on and oftentimes forgotten by investors seeking the get rich quick returns blinded by someone's boastful "yeah, I am up 20x since last March in DW8" dinner party comments. Buffett/Munger are correct and their lessons on the process, the number of investment decisions made, process, compounding, etc should really be read at least once by everyone, even if an investor chooses to pursue a different investment approach, just so they understand the implications. Suggest reading up a bit on hit rates and quantity/quality of hits taken etc. Small and micro caps are inherently riskier, especially the return vol in this space (vs. large cap) as a measure of risk is oftentimes misunderstood and misinterpreted by investors, in particular with regards to them understanding their own real (not imaginary) tolerance to risk and how they will react if the price of a holding goes up/down by a lot. If you don't have the aptitude to enter/maintain a position when the market sentiment may be going against the firm (while nothing else has changed at the firm/industry except the SP) then investing in this market cap segment isn't where you'd want to start, it would be better to initially gain more experience with larger cap names to build experience before venturing into smaller cap names. Mistakes usually are the best teacher but you don't want to gamble, you want to make educated investment decisions that are based on a thesis that gives you the conviction to build positions and hold your position when things temporarily go against you, as will happen at some point. Just some things to consider when evaluating your process. As you will find, most of the prolific posters on this forum continuously learn and test their thesis to ensure they don't end up holding longer than necessary.

I personally believe the SP will be higher in 12months vs. today, and assuming there is no deterioration in fundamentals of the firm or the industry, I am not concerned about what the SP does today, tomorrow, or next month as I am personally not skilled enough to time a perfect entry/exit and am unwilling to tactically trade for similar reasons. You could buy at 10c or maybe at 9c in 4 days if the SP pulls back and in the ST that's maybe a meaningful difference in price, but the SP may also never retrace below 10c if some unexpected positive news drops on Monday. Even if you bought at 10c and it did retrace to 8.0c for 6 months but the SP doubles, triples, or quadruples over the next 1-3 years, then would a 10-20% difference in entry price really matter? As far as my thesis is concerned, I am anticipating that the SP will move well beyond 20c and I am anticipating (if nothing changes) this will be a 4-5 year (or more) holding of mine. For all practical purposes, this is still a start-up in the start-up phase. And I've been in here a while so my unrealized returns to date are quite meaningful (biggest % return ever) but far from what I anticipate they will be in years down the line due to compounding, so I will not be selling my shares at 10c either! As my investment time horizon is years out I am less concerned with what may happen in the ST with the broader market. It could continue to go up, it could go down or sideways -- the stock market impact on the company fundamentals (via wealth effect) is minimal and thus of little concern of mine with regards to the short-term impact on the SP as it will take years for the firm to develop its full potential and maximum valuation at which point I will monetize my investment. So why bother stressing too much about that when I should focus on items that are more important to the total return I seek to achieve!? I invested what I am happy to put at risk with a certain margin of safety and no need to stress about it. Anyway, that's not investment advice in any way, shape, or form; simply my views which are subject to change. Most importantly, DYOR, own your decisions and GLTAH.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KDY (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.