LYC 0.78% $6.35 lynas rare earths limited

amazing nd not a word mentioned, page-12

1. 700 Posts.
    RE: Kengaikl, he's just making a comment on a very valid event that happened in LYC's trading. Sum zero trades are at least 500k dollars in value, thus it's at least 4 million that were exchanged, this is not small bickies for anyone (unless billionares happen to browse HC but I doubt it).

I also highly doubt the existence of the efficient market hypothesis as you outlay in your post, if the ASX is "one of the most mature" share markets in which the share price of companies in the ASX is perfectly priced, why do they move up and down each day? Surely a company's value doesn't move up 1% then down 1% in the space of two days with no significant news items?

I propose to you that there is no such thing as perfect pricing, at every single price level there is a buyer and there is a seller, who is the wiser one? I'm actually quite disappointed that people still believe in the efficient market hypothesis, if one person can not predict and value the markets with 100% accuracy, what hope does 10 million all aggregated have? This is the reason why we have bubble and busts, and oh my I've gone on an people who are ignorant about economics then post online about it rant. I'll finish up here with a statement, I sincerely doubt that there ever has been, or ever will be, an "efficient market" scenario, there are too many variables in the real world, upon which the stock market derives it's value.

RE: Imho, when brokers buy they tend to use bots to get a more even distribution of the VWAP throughout the entire day. This is often placed into the brokers account, then billed and exchanged after hours once payment has been received to the clients account.

Also I highly doubt frankblack was posting negatively, he was merely posting a differing opinion, proffering the addition of LYC to the ASX 100 and the associated minimum required holdings by index funds and the like to increase exposure to LYC.

Also another thing about the ASX 100 listings, the ASX doesn't publicly list the infomation as soon as they know the changes, I'm pretty sure you can subscribe for a large amount of money to become aware of the changes in the indexes at the same time as the index funds etc get informed (from memory it's anything to a week to 3 days in advance of it being released into the public sphere). Thus by the time the public knows which companies are in and which are out, there is little to no trading activity left for people who arbitrage to take advantage of.

PVF.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.35
Change
-0.050(0.78%)
Mkt cap ! $5.935B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.46 $6.47 $6.34 $19.83M 3.109M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 11865 $6.35

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.36 3637 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.