GSW 0.00% 29.0¢ getswift limited

Thanks Dim, 1) It is important to remember with Amazon that all...

1. 591 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 444
    Thanks Dim,

1) It is important to remember with Amazon that all this discussion is only pertinent to the deliveries performed within their own logistics network. This excludes DHL, Fedex, UPS etc. Currently these companies account for the vast majority of the deliveries performed by Amazon. The internal logistics network is strongest in the UK presently due to an acquisition Amazon made there. It is very hard to find accurate numbers on this. I've found their network delivers as low as 2% and as high as 8% of total, but realistically it could be either side of these figures. Bottom line though, yes amazon makes millions of deliveries per day, however they do not make millions through their own network. We are working with a much smaller delivery branch which Amazon is clearly looking to grow. Be careful looking into this as there is a lot of misleading info out there (eg: "items sold" does not equal "parcels shipped" etc - but if anyone finds some reliable data I would love to see it).

Additionally, we also need to consider the "go live" date. Any trials or pilot programs are not triggering any milestones. So when did the trial end? With the launch of this new service? 3 months into this service? My personal thoughts are that the internal ecosystem signals (what we have been hearing recently re map tracking etc) was the "trial" or "pilot" and that this program is the "launch" (previously I thought this was the launch without knowing this larger program existed). So 28/06 launch. Amazons own logistics network would not reach the 750kt in he remaining 2 days of the month IMO.

2) I was going to ask this myself. Anyone? I thought the milestone achievement was a non-negotiable Ann, especially given there are performance rights attached. So I would expect it to come out when hit. However, on history, I believe that milestone 2 was released 23days after the end of the month in which it was achieved? If the confirmations remain this slow, id have to allow for June (2 days not enough), July (hit milestone), August 23 (historical time lag) before saying unequivocally its not happening. Even for me, that would take some holding. So id hope and expect it to be during July this time around.

interested in your thoughts in response.

Thanks for engaging constructively!

MJ

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GSW (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.