GSW 0.00% 29.0¢ getswift limited

Amazon Flex

1. 173 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    I have been doing some research into the Amazon business model to try a gauge where they will be using the Getswift app. From what I can tell it looks like there is no doubt that Amazon are using Getswift in their Flex app. https://flex.amazon.com/

Please if someone has more knowledge on the workings of Amazon please correct me.

So far UPS, Fedex and USPS do the bulk of Amazons deliveries in the US. Amazon seem determined to tackle the last mile as its the only part of the process that they do not own or control as they take care of the rest of the fulfilment process via FBA.
    https://services.amazon.com/fulfillment-by-amazon/benefits.html

Amazon also want their deliveries to happen quickly and when the customer is actually at home, not during normal work hours so they need to have their own Uber style driver / contractors to achieve this.

The flex program looks to hire everyday people just like Uber, then hand them the app and they are set to snap up delivery jobs when they come up on the app. Amazon have fulfilment centres right across the globe and especially in the US where they are literally scattered everywhere, which makes this type of fast uber style deliveries possible - https://www1.avalara.com/trustfile/en/resources/amazon-warehouse-locations.html

So as a job comes up on the Flex app the driver tries to secure that "block" - each block will have a number of deliveries 40-50 seems normal.  Depending on demand at the time - securing "blocks" is so competitive amongst drivers that there are two apps that have been built which allow the driver to snap up each job automatically as it comes online without manually clicking the job.

Actual small courier companies are starting to sign up to the service now as they can see where the industry is heading - they too have to use the Flex app.

So from my understanding this must be where Getswift comes in - they must be replacing a far less superior system that Amazon have been using to date? Anyone with knowledge of this please comment?

Gan_Gans also commented yesterday regarding the number of downloads Getswift is getting recently in the US - does anyone on this forum have access to a software subscription that can show us the number of daily downloads of the Getswift app from the app store? Do you know an app developer that may have this subscription as its not cheap for this information? This would be very useful information as we can potentially see when the app is being rolled out to enterprise groups.

Knowing what Amazon has achieved to date my guess is that they plan to take over the complete last mile delivery process worldwide eventually and leave carriers like UPS and Fedex altogether. Just one youtube movie I watched recently, the flex driver was getting paid $63 to deliver 54 packages to 40 destinations in a small area in a few hours - getting UPS to deliver 54 packages would cost a hell of a lot more than $63 I am guessing and would take alot more than a few hours - I think that is the attraction.

The cheapest and fastest delivery company I have used in Australia is Fastway and they from memory can deliver something small for $4-$6 and in some cases same day if package and destination is in the same city.

Anyone with knowledge on Flex ect please feel free to comment.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GSW (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.