QFX 0.00% 0.1¢ quickflix limited

Thanks Stweeve - thats is interesting info. I havent read the...

1. 95 Posts.
    Thanks Stweeve - thats is interesting info. I havent read the article yet but sounds like the UK situation is a better comparison for QFX than I first thought. The assumptions of all this is of course that QFX makes a profit soon and Netflix or someone else will enter in the near future.

It will be interesting to read /watch how Lovefilm copes with the extra competition and how this translates to a loss or profit over the next few years. I assume this was discussed in the article?

Kat, I see youre still true to form jumping on anything that slightly resembles a negative and destroying what was briefly a discussion. I do see what youre getting at - positive speculation tends to get carried away and turn into reality- ie takeovers. Yes all this speculation relies on QFX generating a profit soon - we all understand that is vital.

Im not hanging out for a takeover, i just thought it was an interesting topic to discuss. And there is still something to discuss here and that is the development of streaming in the UK and how this might provide a guide for what happens in Australia and also how LF deals with Netflix - im sure Langford is watching these developments

As I mentioned earlier I have been using both Netflix and Lovefilm over here and for a while I was streaming both as they were cheap enough compared with going to the movies which is increasingly overrated imo due to price and braving the english weather (i only live 2km from the cinema). I intially signed up to Netflix which was a pound cheaper per month(£5)and appeared to have more recent movies - that and I knew the brand name. I was told about Lovefilm by the locals here and so once we had viewed the newer releases I signed up to LF to access their content. The internet speeds here are good enough that streaming online is the only access we have to movies - we dont have a normal tv and I dont go to the cinema anymore.

I eventually settled on LF instead of Netflix as they had better TV series' imo, had a more user friendly platform and allowed streaming to Ipad which suited our situation. It also proves (and I have read this before from a netflix user in the US) is that new competition doesnt necessarily eqaute to a disaster - some people use both. In my situation it has meant there's enough online choice now that I prefer to stay at home to watch a movie rather than trek to the cinema. And i think that convenience is part of the potential for these companies.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QFX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.