AN1 0.00% 0.8¢ anagenics limited

Amazon, page-11

1. 3,382 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 981
    ...whereas I "invested" into CDY securities for a twofold purpose (at the time). The first was to assist the company in developing and marketing their Midkine asset - whilst the second was to hopefully increase the value of those securities by way of the company being successful at it - evidenced by increasing profitability, free cashflow and an ever increasing balance sheet.

Here we are a number of years later ... the Midkine assets are not being developed, their value just depreciating away and have now been put on the block for sale - because they have proven to be too hard for this Board to make use of. A conspiracist might suggest that was always the plan...use their depreciation factor for tax purposes.

Meanwhile, the "nominal" value of my "investment" has dropped by 84%. However, if you factor in the "real" value (ie - inflation, opportunity cost etc)...then a 100% loss is what the CDY Board has delivered me. Yes, Maria's shares (well, the ones she has "purchased" like the rest of us anyway) have dropped as well - but at least she has been compensated annually by between $500k to $700k!!!

Just as well part of me has philanthropic tendencies ... but share market investing is not normally a philanthropic activity - right?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AN1 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.