CGM 0.00% 0.1¢ cougar metals nl

Amblygonite and it's economic uses

1. 985 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 192
    Thought I would start a new Thread to discuss Amblygonite and it's economics, with reference to the battery industry. Found this article which discusses extracting Li from Amblygonite. Heres a sample from the article in the link below

"The company’s first non-traditional lithium target is at the historical tin field at Euriowie in New South Wales, north of the mining centre of Broken Hill.
    Dukovcic said there was known lithium mineralisation within the project in the form of amblygonite in pegmatites.
    “Amblygonite is nice because it’s the highest grade lithium mineral with 10% lithium oxide,” he said.
    “The challenge at Euriowie is to define large enough quantities of amblygonite, which is not known to occur in abundance – but is that a reality or is that because it has yet to be specifically explored for?”
    Accordingly, Lepidico has also submitted an application for a provisional patent for a lithium extraction process for amblygonite.
    Through Lepidico, Platypus has established joint ventures with two ASX-listed companies to explore for lithium in Brazil, Argentina and Peru.

http://www.miningnews.net/resource-...al-player-has-many-lithium-irons-in-the-fire/ "

And the following announcement from  Platypus minerals discusses extracting a possible battery grade "Lithium chemicals" from Amblygonite

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20160321/pdf/435zhfq76rvcks.pdf

With the current high demand for Lithium chemicals it wouldn't surprise me if more processes become available to extract battery grade ore from Amblygonite.

Amblygonite maybe the new Spodumene, my opinion

Lots to look forward to not the least of which, near term low cost production of High grade Graphite

Lots of work to do yet

Patience required as always

Look forward to some discussion
    Last edited by Boom$Boom: 02/10/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CGM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.