american piitbull terriers, page-21

1. 23,031 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 827
    http://krisannb.tripod.com/Info.htm

Bit of history re American Pit Bulls.

I am a huge dog lover but question the stability of the breed mainly due to the inbreeding and lack of effort by the 'human' element.
    As mentioned you can get a lot of dogs that can go vicious but a PB will simply not stop until death.
    That is afterall what they were bred for...fighting in a pit until death.
    That said, if the dog can be trained from pup and the owner can prove qualified training then I can't see why the breed should be banned completely.
    I think the same for all large attack dogs ie German Sheperds,Dobermans, Rotties etc.
    Owners should be registered and forced to have documented training cerificates with massive fines for non compliance.
    If a qualified trainer doesn't give the dog a 'pass' mark then it keeps training or is destroyed at the owners cost with proof.
    Was walking our two maltese cross last night with my wife when a young Great Dane and a either a young greyhound or whippet came bounding towrds us with no lead or muzzle.
    It wasn't just our two dogs that nearly had a heart attack.
    There lady owner just laughed as we qickly picked up our two little mites. I would have liked to have the owner put down not the dogs. They were just young and playful but how do you know?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.