PSA 0.00% 2.1¢ petsec energy limited

Hi stoss, I think I agree with most of the points you make...

1. 1,317 Posts.
    Hi stoss, I think I agree with most of the points you make though China wasn't all that expensive and the risk return ratio was far better than Petsec faced with its high risk wells back in 1998 (The company's 1998 Annual Report has the whole sorry story of their demise).
    I guess if that first China well had been successful as everybody thought it would be, then we would be looking at an sp of $2.20 not $1.20 right now and not complaining.
    Perhaps we are all a bit anxious after seeing the shares at a $1.60 just a few short months ago. I don't think there is anything going on that we don't know about but I agree they are a bit slow with their public pronouncments. And that website.........
    Keogh has been pressing the broker flesh today in Sydney in advance of his return to the US so maybe the interest will eventually return. There aren't all that many instos on the share register which perhaps is one reason it is so lightly traded.
    From market darling to market pariah is one ugly step and you are right, it takes a bit of time to recover one's reputation.
    People now want to know that production has actually started at Vermilion for example and probably won't buy the stock in anticipation of that start.
    And Fern will have to think seriously about dividends earlier than he might have been inclined to. I notice that he raised the possibility of dividends in his interview with Howarth for the AFR article of two weeks ago.
    Add to that the fact that the general market for the oilers seems to be in a bit of a limbo and you have a rather dull period ahead..

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PSA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.