Re "But you go with the demon sex Dr, the non practicising...

1. 6,715 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 45
    Re "But you go with the demon sex Dr, the non practicising Opthalmologists and the political operatives."

I didn't say I was going with anyone. I just recognise a shutdown of opinion when I see it. You're now exhibiting the same "I'm right, you're an idiot" attitude that most of the world is sick of. You think I'm stupid for not just agreeing with a regime that has totally lost control of this situation, go figure!

Re "Why would she make a false statement?

It is in Trumps interest and hers to say the opposite.

Why hasn't he removed her, he can?
    "

I'm not saying she is deliberately making a false statement, and I have no idea what Trump is going to do from one day to the next. I'm not going to allow his decision on who to fire sway my opinion on the best way to handle covid-19, are you? His opinion in this is close to irrelevant if we want to know the truth.

Anyway, why would doctors across Europe, Asia, America all suggest positive outcomes for patients, why would they make false statements? I think you're assuming the people in power are right and everyone else is wrong. Rarely is that the case, in fact I'd say almost never.

Re "I didn't need to hear it from her, I have read the studies."

But she, herself, is expressing uncertainty about the subset it could work for. The commentary and response has been that the trials have used the wrong dose and intervened at the wrong time. What doses are you referring to, what point in the illness, which trials? It's a simple situation to address, the trial in the Lancet that caught the eye and swayed opinion was retracted. The proposed solution is cheap and has been used uncontroversially for decades, and yet doctors, who are facing patients on a daily basis, are being shutdown and threatened with fines for speaking out or acting. And we, like sheep, put on our masks (that we were told were useless 2 months ago) and are expected to say nothing.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.