AMP 0.38% $1.32 amp limited

Strategy does seem to be the wrong word for what was...

1. 1,947 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 298
    Strategy does seem to be the wrong word for what was announced...

I agree that following the SPP the total raise will be maybe $900m+.

What I find disconcerting and inconsistent with the idea of a "strategy" is that the raise was touted as necessary so that AMP can immediately implement the "strategy" ahead of the receipt of the $3billion from the sale of Life.

The plan calls for the expenditure of $1B - $1.3B up to end FY22. So simplistically that's say $300 million per year.
    If that is the case then why on earth would you issue stock to "non-shareholder" at $1.60 (the lowest price EVER) and of a magnitude that is unwarranted.

I say this because within 10 month AMP will receive $2.5 Billion in cash.

So on my understanding (and please correct me if I am on the wrong path here) they only require around $300 million before they are flooded with cash that was earmarked for the strategy.

Surely a $300 million (5%) bond would have been all that is needed...which could be redeemed early when the cash is available.

This is not "ownership" mentality at work. We need management that "think" like owners. To dilute us in such a way at the (hopefully) bottom of the market just beggars belief. Selling such a large part of the business requires less equity not more.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AMP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.32
Change
-0.005(0.38%)
Mkt cap ! $3.392B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.33 $1.34 $1.31 $8.738M 6.623M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 82349 $1.31

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.32 68991 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AMP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.