AMP 1.85% $1.10 amp limited

Please explain to me how the sum of the parts get to $5 a share...

1. 86 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26
    Please explain to me how the sum of the parts get to $5 a share or a $15 billion dollar company? Peo0le say this but don’t then prove it.

What multiples are you using for each business? What assumptions are you making about future profit margins in each business and what have you assumed about future earnings adjustments for changes due to immediate pricing and expense changes?

And then, if it is worth $15 billion, why is not showing up in current profits when you strip out one off savings and adjust for price changes?

Even with the most generous view it is hard to get half way from where AMP is now to the $5 suggested based on sum of parts. If you look at what the Suncorp life business was meant to be worth on one basis and was then sold for you get the problem when it comes to valuing the parts of AMP.

The wealth management business is now having its fees reduced from a number of directions. And the level of funds will not be growing.

I suggest that the current share price reflects the current market view of the value of the sum of its parts.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AMP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.10
Change
0.020(1.85%)
Mkt cap ! $2.887B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.09 $1.11 $1.08 $7.255M 6.603M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
31 616708 $1.10

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.10 112419 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.44am 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AMP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.