AMP 0.47% $1.07 amp limited

Its a difficult question. Pricing in is a weird concept...

1. 378 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 31
    Its a difficult question. Pricing in is a weird concept sometimes. Without any real time data overselling often occurs not only in anticipation of more bad news but, also as a defensive strategy against unknowns. I think AMP is worth around $2.80 based on what we know now which means that it has been oversold or further bad news is priced in. I think what would help would be some decent data from the board as to what the earnings are likely to be. I think it would also help if we knew what the strategy is for each of the business units. AMP management did a lot of damage when they announced the insurance business sale unexpectedly.  Putting aside whether this decision was good or bad, it didn't look good in the market place and the share price is showing it. I would also ask why they sold life insurance before they announced a detailed strategy and before the new CEO started. 

IMO I personally think there is more bad news to come. I say this because I just don't trust the management team to be open with the shareholders and we do know that there are many issues still  outstanding. Whether any of this is priced in will be shown when the 2019 results are announced next February. I personally think the watershed year for AMP will be 2020 as this will be the first full year figures we get post Royal Commission and I am assuming any benefits of the future strategy will become evident during the 2019-2020 year. 

I only deal with one or two shares at a time. I do my research and I build knowledge beyond that of most management employees of a subject business. For what it is worth I have looked long and hard at AMP and I do see a big future for this business. IF De Ferrari sweeps the executive boards clear and builds an aggressive team and strategy I can see AMP being a turn around business. I would have to see a detailed strategy before I could believe it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AMP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.07
Change
0.005(0.47%)
Mkt cap ! $2.887B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.07 $1.08 $1.07 $672.1K 627.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
13 36166 $1.07

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.08 92267 18
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.19am 02/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.08
  Change
0.005 ( 0.75 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.07 $1.08 $1.07 155207
Last updated 10.40am 02/05/2024 ?
AMP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.