AMP 3.70% $1.12 amp limited

AMP the good, the bad and the ugly. A short sellers paradise?, page-9

1. 351 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 60
    which life insurance businesses have been strong performers in recebt years and/or been sold for MV or above? From what I've read recently it sounds like an industry everyone is struggling in to a degree although i could be wrong.

One of the likely outcomes of the RC would have been the abolishment of the vertical integration model. Didn't AMP do the RC a favour and act upon this prior to a formal request from them would have been likely? 

Can't find the article but I recall reading that AMP per sitting on a decent amount of cash anyway. I think the "unless unforseen circumstances" disclaimer on the capital return part is wise in case they need to use "some of it" for additional legal fees/remediation etc. but one thing AMP are going to have is a lot of cash.  There should still be a sizeable buy back of sorts taking place and this will only be announced once the dust from the RC settles end of Q1 2019.

For anyone expecting the new CEO to announce how much (and all their other turnaround/growth strategies) in first week on the job I think you'll be sorely disappointed!  Generally first week on the job I'd be doing online training modules - but I think he might have a few more pressing matters to attend to haha

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AMP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.12
Change
0.040(3.70%)
Mkt cap ! $2.939B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.09 $1.12 $1.08 $17.27M 15.62M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 137210 $1.12

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.12 497098 53
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AMP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.