AMP 0.39% $1.28 amp limited

AMP time to buy, page-122

1. 351 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 60
    @malmanu IMHO the class action(s) will be 'trivial' in nature in comparison to the advice remediation (funds set-aside) and will likely play out over the FY19 and FY20 periods and could result in an undisclosed settlement/some expensive legal bills (in the 10's of mils) or a combination of both but I don't see it as being something that will move the needle significantly as far as the SP is concerned (although it will have negative sentiment - so an anchor to a degree).  

All that will likely happen is lawyers involved will be able to purchase another beach shack (or two) whilst they go into the uncharted territory of trying to prove that confidential discussions with the regulator should have been made available to the public AND that these had a material affect on the SP (over an above all the other factors/variables).

Good luck is all I can say to any shareholders hanging their hat on getting some meaningful compensation in regards to this play....you'd be better off withdrawing the class action and you'll likely get loss back through appreciation of the SP once the weight of litigation is removed (only applies to those who still held).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AMP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.28
Change
0.005(0.39%)
Mkt cap ! $3.324B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.27 $1.29 $1.26 $18.48M 14.50M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 112789 $1.28

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.29 15564 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AMP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.