AVM 16.7% 2.0¢ advance metals limited

I'm not so confident that this is the best project for AVM to be...

1. 843 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 194
    I'm not so confident that this is the best project for AVM to be taking on ATM. With the DRC there wasn't any local opposition (that I know of) to the formation of a mine, just the difficult logistics, political instability (at the time) and threat of rebels. Here they are dealing with several villages who have already had negative experiences with interruption to water supplies & who are totally against not only the mining, but even the drilling.
    The environment in this part of the world is much more sensitive and hence the environmental impact potentially disastrous. If they mess up the water supply as referred to in the article (which seems likely) just from drilling, what hope do they have of mining without significant impact? The Patricia Feeneys of this world will have a field day if anything goes wrong and draw on the Kilwa incident to paint a negative picture of AVM as a big multinational without conscience.
    I seriously wonder whether the risks and benefits of this project are worth the potential damage to image of the company should things go pear shaped. I just think there must be easy options out there for AVM to take on rather then an indigenous community who dosen't want a bar of them and a royalty structure to Itogan (?) that is acknowledged as expensive.
    Hate to be -ve about AVM but that's just how I see it.
    Cheers L/H

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.