ATH 11.1% 0.5¢ alterity therapeutics limited

AMR Action Fund: 1st investment in weeks, months

1. 2,794 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 970
    The CEO of Antimicrobial action funds tells on the 31st of July, 7 weeks ago that they "are preparing for more announcements in the coming weeks and months – all bringing us closer to our first investment and to bringing novel antibiotics to market".
    This fund was launched 1 year earlier and got started at the beginning of this year. Dr. Hendry Skinner started as CEO at the end of March. They target to have 2-4 new antibiotics in the next 10 years. He does not tell anything specific, however, but even this sounds to me like there is something concrete developing on this front. To get 25%-50% of their 10-year target done during the first active year practically within months would be an achievement not possible without a candidate drug almost ready to the market.

PBT2 is IMO a very good possibility for this fund. It is safe but not to antibiotic-resistant bacteria, to most of them. If Alterity will get a reasonable deal with this fund, Alterity will have perhaps 150 new zinc chelators ready for the next deal to kill more bacteria.

It is not very clever to speculate in this way without any better evidence. However, if I would be the CEO of this fund for 4 months, I would not talk to get "the first investment in weeks......" when you have time over 9 years to fulfill your task. Of course, there could be other molecules to be considered to be the first investment but the wide spectrum of PBT2 in killing different bacteria is exceptional. I do not know if Alterity is negotiating with the fund, but I know that the fund knows how powerful PBT2 is in killing the bacteria because I sent that info to the fund last December, before the Queensland deal.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ATH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
0.001(11.1%)
Mkt cap ! $26.22M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.5¢ 0.5¢ 0.5¢ $4.263K 916.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
58 69165915 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 38212524 21
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.11pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ATH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.