an after sunday school read 4 copperites, page-27

1. 13,753 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 19
    re: an after sunday school read You raise some interesting points denman. I agree that Flew is contradicting himself in that article as reported.

Isn't DNA the wisdom out of very ancient times, through countless generations, from millions of centuries ago?

I say yes.

Why not think that the messages that have come down to us are the ones that have survived millions, in some cases hundreds of millions, of generations?

I am sure there many more 'messages' out there that we have not yet identified.

Why not consider for a moment that for every successful message that has reached the present, countless failures have fallen away?

All messages are available whether considered successful or not as that is a judgement you have made.

Do we ever consider that this process is irreversible?

Definitely worth a thought but that is devolution & I believe in evolution at this point in time.

Isn't it geological time, honing and whittling, carving and rejigging by selection and rejection, in a succession of environments, rather than some super external intelligence designing?

Yes to the first part but I have difficulty with the 'external intelligence' as there is only One life( all things connected) there is nothing external.

Some more interesting stuff

http://twm.co.nz/ind3.html

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.