Well I made a small mistake, and I meant to say, "Ïf anyone is...

1. 2,641 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 150
    Well I made a small mistake, and I meant to say, "Ïf anyone is getting a UK pension it is deducted from from the Australian Age Centrelink Pension if they are receiving such pension.

Coalboy and your thumbs up supporters should know this. You cannot receive both a full UK pension and a full Australian pension. The Australian government in the form of Centrelink, and the ATO actively encourage immigrants to find out if they are entitled to a foreign pension. If someone who migrated from another country applies to Centrelink for an age pension they are asked to apply to their home country for a pension, and then bring the proof of a refusal or the amount granted back to them. Only then do they get a Centrelink pension. If a foreign pension is to be paid, or already paid, the Centrelink pension is tailored accordingly.
    The UK pension is not freely obtained but paid for in the form of National Insurance contributions. No NI contributions- no UK pension. A full UK pension would disbar someone from obtaining an Australian pension.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.