4DS 6.10% 8.7¢ 4ds memory limited

I'm a longish term holder and hung in there through the...

1. 168 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 80
    I'm a longish term holder and hung in there through the good times and the bad, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what the buy out number would be.

Typically offers for listed companies come at a 10-30% premium on MC (generalisation). Although the big guys have lots of dough, they are not in the business of over paying if they don't have to. What they do over pay is there lawyers and strategists to figure out how best to play the acquisition game.

I'm not an expert, but I would think that an interested party might start to buy on market quietly so that they have their foot in the door when other sharks start circling or in preparation for them to make their move.

I haven't seen it in straight Tech, but I was a SH of a med Tech co that got bought out. I think they needed 90% of shares/votes at the right price and they got there, even though many on HC said that the number was too low and that they would never sell. The co ended up polling and repelling until they figure out the magic price that would give them the votes.

The top normally 20 hold all the cards. If they got their shares free issues or at a low option price, then they are well in the money with whatever buy out price is. Rest assured there will be no regard for those retail holders that are under water. Most of the directors will make buckets of money any ways and I think they would like to see the end of this chapter in some shape or form.

I think DM knows that we only get one shot at this. As with all transactions, it comes down to what someone is willing to pay and if the seller is willing to sell for that price.

don't rely on any of the above as it's just a Friday evening ramble.

GLTA
    DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 4DS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.7¢
Change
0.005(6.10%)
Mkt cap ! $153.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.2¢ 8.7¢ 8.2¢ $141.9K 1.709M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5230 8.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.7¢ 117640 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
8.5¢
  Change
0.005 ( 3.66 %)
Open High Low Volume
8.2¢ 8.5¢ 8.2¢ 619854
Last updated 15.20pm 03/05/2024 ?
4DS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.