AXM 0.00% 1.1¢ apex minerals nl

an example not to forget

1. 11,727 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6174
    Firstly, I write this post only in the interest of sharing my thoughts, I am in no way wanting to upset anyone that has held AXM past or present. I am always trying to learn more so as to assist myself in not making too many mistakes. AXM is for me, a good example of a company with management that have overpromised for years, with ever increasing production goals whilst ever increasing costs and delays.

I also continue to watch AXM because I am a holder in BLK, which has open pit resources within 17 kms of the Wiluna plant, and obviously would be much more viable than AXMs underground pit resources, which, after 4 years of production, have failed to make any money!!! The more I read, the more I wonder how they have stayed afloat at all!

Here are the first of many scary details about AXM.

AXM Capital Raisings since 2006

The total is in no way %100 accurate, but after much reading, I think I have gathered all the relevant information (happy to be advised of any errors etc).

Total raised from shareholders -
    $394 million.
    + asset sales of $29.5 million.

Grand total == $423.5 million.

All I can say is unbelievable.

Somewhat off topic, but interesting to me as I did not realise, but Sirius Resources was spun off from Apex because of Mark Creasy. Ha… SIR market cap is over $400 million. AXM…. $12 million.
    No wonder Mark was able to keep holding on to the AXM steering as the 'ship went down'.

More scary details -

22/12/2008 "Wiluna Gold Pour"
    It is unbelievable that Wiluna has been producing gold for over 4 years now, yet not made a profit.
    Surely after 1 year you would go, ok, its no good lets move on. No no.. Lets wait till just over 4 years of failure to finally give up…. ( In Dec 2008, they were targeting cash costs of $600/oz… hmm.. They have pretty much been unable to get it below $2000/oz).

AXM even mentioned in presentations back in 2008 they their medium term goal was 500,000 oz pa.!!!

As I said at the start of the post, it’s a sad story, I have lost money on many stocks, CCC a very good case in point. Managements inability to respect shareholders is staggering. They should all be ashamed of themselves.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AXM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.