BQT bqt solutions limited

an excellent post re bqt

1. 8,265 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    This was posted elsewhere by TY WEBB.

"I'd say that BQT are most definitely "onto something".

All previous contract announcements have involved access control - BQT has supplied biometric solutions to secure premises. These have been local solutions. However, the announcement made on Thursday refers to the "glocal rollout" of a new product. It clearly does not involve access control. So BQT is not only on the verge of landing a lucrative deal - it has also considerably expanded its business horizons.

But what has it latched on to? What might it have in terms of contributed IP that is worth $9,500,000 to its "international client". Perhaps the clue comes towards the end of the announcement, where Genner is running down the BQT product line. On top of biometric and smart card readers he mentions "encryption devices". He mentions them "importantly".

In this context, we must remember BQT's announcement of 13/1/2005, which explained that John Spongr was to be appointed head of USA operations and allocated 1,500,000 options for transferring "all his encryption and patentable products to BQT". In outlining John's background, the announcement said -

"Eventually John went on to establish his own Consulting Firm. During this time he developed sophisticated encryption and data management techniques. These cutting edge tools are now being integrated into the BQT product line".

It may that BQT have taken a step forward in the encryption area and this is what has landed them their role in this large venture. However, this is just guess work on my behalf.

As to what "the product" actually is, I can only guess here as well. A couple of months ago, one poster mentioned a rumour that BQT was involved with handling the security component of a next-generation ATM. This would certainly fit in with what we know from Thursday's announcement. Diebold was tinkering around with biometric ATMs way back in the 90s, but never went anywhere important with the idea, mainly because of the logistics hurdle it faced. The silicon credit card wasn't in existence back then, so any biometric device would have required a massive cross-border centralised database. Today, with the EMV rollout, the ATM could just reference the biometric information stored on a user's card, so the whole idea of a biometric ATM is considerably more practical now.

But whether or not we are looking at a biometric ATM, I would say that there is a fair chance that this project involves international payments in some form. I can't think of anything else that would fit. And if it does involve international payments, then the chances are that BQT is tied up with a heavy hitter, and stands to win a great deal in terms of prestige and exposure."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BQT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.