IMM 1.72% 29.5¢ immutep limited

an explanation from martin rogers

1. 2,306 Posts.
    Whilst we are all a little exasperated somewhat from the recent share price action ... much is due to people's total lack of an understanding of what is happening ... amazing ... but somewhat understandable.

I shot a quick email to Martin rogers from Prima Biomed ..

As usual his response came quickly and is much appreciated .

my email is first - followed by his response.

" Hi Martin,

Thank you for your previous responses in the past with questions regarding Prima Biomed.

It is of some concern to many shareholders that the current release of scientific data on cVac trials has been misunderstood somewhat.

- perhaps more likely not comprehended with it's particular relevance.

The consequence has seen somewhat of a panic in selling down of the share price, which as a long term shareholder is most disappointing.

Do you have any ' layman's ' explanation of the data / interpretation that I could relay to fellow shareholders now that the data has been fully disclosed to the market.

I am sure that this may help to alleviate somewhat some of the nervousness of current shareholders as everybody I communicate seems non-plussed.

Awaiting your reply.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Yours Sincerely.

XXXX "

Martins reply is as follows :

" Hi XXXX ,

Thank you for your email.

Dr Frazer was at the presentation so he might be able to give a full explanation. I will try below and Dr Frazer can fill in further information.

Whilst the data presented today is early being an interim analysis it is positive trend so far which is great news.

Cancer vaccines or immunotherapies work best in patients that are in the healthier part of the cancer spectrum as there is more of an immune system that can respond inside the patients body.

We are testing for this CAN003 study and CANVAS on healthier patients in remission unlike the previous phase 1 or phase 2a studies in the past that were studied on patients that have failed all other therapies.

Thus it will take some time however the data is looking very promising to date. For instance the protocol has for CVac patients to receive at Least 3 vaccine dose injections, so there is a different analysis for those that relapse before this and won't get 3 or more injections and thus don't have the full benefit of 48 weeks on the treatment arm.

Again more time with a final data analysis will show if this confirmed next year. Dr Frazer will be able to elaborate further for you as he was there at the conference with the data being presented.

I can't explain short movements in share price on the stock market but we are dedicated as a team to give CVac every chance of possible success for cancer patients.

Thank you again for your support, it is investors that have helped make this company achieve it's successes to date.

Best regards, Martin "

I for one am more happy to hold.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.