QAN 1.65% $5.95 qantas airways limited

DBL21 I think we are on the same page and I don’t find myself...

1. 696 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    DBL21 I think we are on the same page and I don’t find myself disagreeing with much of what you say. Why would the Low Cost division have the Dreamliners, while at QF I’m still stuck on a crappy 737-400 or 767-300 from last century? I can still see the diehard customers throwing the uneatable food in the rubbish bag that comes with it, looking out the milky window watching JetStar’s new 787 taxi by. This is a “piss take” to the people paying premium at QF. The Capital equipment is only part of the negative customer experience as outlined in prior posts.

I wonder how much the gate staff, cabin mangers, flight attendants, baggage handlers, and other unskilled labour earn compared to their Virgin equivalents? You have to be real as this is your competitor now, whether you like it or not. I know for a fact that cabin mangers at QF earn double what Virgin ones do (i went to school with a short haul CSM @ QF). So Bossdog is also correct regarding the entitlement mentality of QF staff. I know this is painful, but at some point the staff will have to wake-up to current world aviation finds itself in.

SLAMPOIL. Its great you enjoyed your flight. I actually had a good one BNE-SYD on a new -800 with the new TV system the other day also. The problem is the inconsistency and a good flight is the exception to the norm. Did you fly on a 744 PER-SYD? If so you flew on two Ultra Long Haul configured aircraft and the international meals are a higher standard. My critic was domestically focused. Try flying the eastern Triangle every week like I do for a more consistent experience. Have you flown Singapore, Virgin 777, or ETIHAD recently to compare against QF international?

Re the comparison to USA domestic and their fleet. QANTAS domestic’s competitor is Virgin Australia, not Delta, AA or UA. By the way most of the US carriers are spending big on upgrading domestic fleets. I had 6 friends over from PER this week. They flew QF, and they weren’t happy on arrival, with complaints similar to mine. They will not fly QF again, the will fly Virgin.

I took pictures on my mobile of the great experience on a -400 and 767. From the tiny overhead bins the Russian styling including worn out interiors and old 1970s TVs that are jammed in the roof. What a joke. I will upload.

Meanwhile the Captain on my last Virgin flight told me the 737-800 plane was 2 weeks old. It had the latest and greatest from Boeing . Modern interior with LED lighting, massive overhead bins, clean and comfortable. See the link below for some article on Virgins Aircraft.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/inside-virgin-australia-s-new-boeing-737-with-futuristic-sky-interior

Anyway the stock is down again and so is the customer experience. I try and avoid them now whenever I can. If the customers keep leaving in droves, and nobody wants to change @ QF, than the outcome should be obvious!
    QF 737-400

QF 767-300

Meanwhile @ Virgin.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.95
Change
-0.100(1.65%)
Mkt cap ! $9.793B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.02 $6.04 $5.94 $8.837M 1.476M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
22 26308 $5.95

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.96 19358 22
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.49am 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.