FGL 16.7% 3.0¢ frugl group limited

An in depth look at the 1.50 Android, page-181

1. 474 Posts.
    Hi Kiwi,

its a good point, but from my understanding the phone itself isn't actually doing too much "work" so older phones shouldn't really be negatively impacted. As long as they can run the appropriate versions of the android operating system then they should be good.

The reason older phones appear to be seeing less benefit normally comes down to two things, first is that the permissions etc are completely different and generally not as nice when it comes to VPN's etc. Secondly, phones are like computers, after a while they get bogged down with junk. Older phone, more junk, more weird settings, VPN doesn't perform as well. Format that phone and install the latest OS it would more than likely be fine, however, most people lack the ability to do it.

The last point i would like to make is that developing patches for 3-4 year old devices on varying operating systems etc is not cost effective for a small market share of each device. The good news is that any phone from 12 months ago until WGL ceases will be supported, so this will become less and less of a problem as time goes on, as those phones will eventually break or be upgraded anyway.

Hopefully that makes sense and answered your question. Had a really big day today and a bit out of it.

~~Maglor

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FGL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.0¢
Change
-0.006(16.7%)
Mkt cap ! $3.147M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.0¢ 3.0¢ 3.0¢ $6.004K 200.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 136413 3.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.5¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.54am 14/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FGL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.