GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

an interesting turn of events tonight

1. 2,213 Posts.
    I said I would only post if I saw something I considered important enough to mention and tonight that is very much the case.
    Particularly recently gold has been reacting higher when the broader market has taken a hit. Not so tonight, at least so far.

Is ths signalling that gold WILL take a hit (at least initially), if global stock markets sell off hard. I think it is. Just as gold did in 2008.

I have been saying for sometime that gold stocks have been declining ahead of what I consider to be broader market sell off to come, similar to what ocurred in 08 and that gold would follow gold stocks lower and sell off hard in the intial stages of a stock market crash.

I think tonight is a forerunner for what is to come.

Cycle low for gold remains third week of May +/-7 days and $1530 is crucial support that MUST hold or gold is on its why to at least $1440.

Gold shares continue to underperform to the upside and I see no substantial bottom until gold shares begin to show positive divergence relative to gold. Hopefully that will be the case at the next cycle bottom.

In the mean time the USD s setting up for a surge to DXY 90 minimum.

Cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.