FAR 0.00% 52.0¢ far limited

Re: "But if they are, it will be pure fluke because on his own...

1. pj
    2,090 Posts.
    Re: "But if they are, it will be pure fluke because on his own admission there is simply not enough information on which to make realistic appraisals. LTA is tilting at windmills"

Hi OOO

Your post caused me to have another look at what LTA was saying and it turns out to be quite a dissertation doesn't it - initially I had only loaded the first page.

LTA has had a go at me in the past but I think on the whole I come out of this pretty unscathed. I do however agree with you that LTA's interpretation about what is going on at SNE 2 suffers from the same lack of information from Cairn that caused me, Mandurah, whisky and others to speculate.

And I don't see there is anything to support his side track conclusions which seem to be based on a complete misinterpretation of what JP was saying. When JP said "Drilling I understand, this has me stumped" he was referring to the price of petrol at the fuel pump as having him stumped" not the drilling, but LTA has somehow concluded from this that they must have been sidetracking because of the "lost" time (which JP had already explained as being required to load up all the flow testing equipment).

And secondly the 3D video graphics images from all directions don't actually show any additional information over the two 2D seismic images from which they are put together ie N-S and W-E through SNE1. I've thought this through previously in the hope that the video images might help with what is at SNE2 and come to the conclusion that they don't as:

1. We don't actually know whether SNE 2 was even drilled on the N-S line (FAR has it marginally West of that line, Cairn actually has it East of that line on their images).

2. More importantly we don't have any W-E or NW-SE seismic images or schematic diagrams for the SNE2 location, and those are what we need, I think, to start to understand what is going on.

Conclusion as before - insufficient information provided by Cairn, market not fully informed, hence the speculation which is something I thought FAR were striving to avoid when in their Nov 2nd announcement CN stated that they will "only provide material information when we have sufficient confidence to minimise misunderstanding and ensure that the market will be properly informed.”

pj

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
52.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $48.05M
Open High Low Value Volume
52.0¢ 52.0¢ 52.0¢ $1.562K 3.004K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 17440 51.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
54.0¢ 22471 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.41pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.