G79 0.00% 2.7¢ goldoz limited

An Ode to MUS

1. 48 Posts.
    Hello everyone,

This post contains my personal musings, so it doesn't really need a reply of any kind. If you agree, great. If you disagree, great. If this turns into a thread, blame the person after me. Truly.

Yes, I know what you are thinking: I hate this guy already. Yes, I hate new threads too. I also see the hypocrisy of such a statement in the given context, but I just want to change the pace and tone, even if just for a moment. What I don't want is another thread continued with hundreds of big-noting, I-told-you-so rebuttals, attacks or same-bandwagon backslapping. All of that has been used to no end for days now. It is time to stop, sit back and see what unfolds. One week ago, pretty much everyone liked each-other. Now, it is a bit Lord of the Flies like. No good for anyone, least of all the poor buggers who think their world is ending. So, the following has no real relevance to anything, and it is highly unlikely that you will gain anything of real value from it, but if you can't sleep and just like to look at words, by all means continue. If not, stop now.

I have read a few thousand posts (some good, some bad and some completely mind-numbing) over the last few days, so I now believe I am expertly qualified to say whatever the heck I want, whether right, wrong or indifferent. I am, however, not some oracle, guru or the droid you've been looking for. To be honest, I was hoping for a quick gain from Mustang. I sold other shares and loaded up for that one chance to have a real crack at making some serious money. Well, now I am long, and I am happy-ish to wait. Panic selling would do me no good, as in the back of my mind I would be playing catch-up with whatever option was next. When you go chasing losses, it is funny how often you lose more. A bit like betting, actually...

The last few days have been crazy, exciting, disappointing and downright bemusing - but in a strange and chaotic way, it all makes sense. The marketplace for gems seems brutal, and it takes time to get things right. Hopefully, MUS has time to make it right. My initial decision has lead me to this decision - I am staying to find out! Whether this opens at 8 cents.... 5 cents... 2 cents... whatever, I am staying (probably not buying more, mind you)... just staying in. For me, it is a bit like having your car break down. You can either work through the problems, or you can throw your hands up in the air and say "Eff it, I am selling this hunk of metal for whatever I can get!" Funny how most of us don't do that with other aspects of our lives, but throw in some moolah, some emotion and a roll of the dice and people lose all sense of patience. Each to their own, of course, but from setbacks comes progress. MUS is a seedling. It'll grow (I think), but it will take time. I didn't know that a few days ago. Now I believe it.

I can understand people getting upset. If you've never had this happen to you before, or you fear that you've just made the biggest financial mistake of your life, this will be a testing time. My little piece of advice - don't panic. Assess your options and work out what you need to do from here. What gives you the most peace of mind? Is it taking a loss so that you can live to fight another day? Is it waiting to see whether you can break even in 3/6/12 months? Is it running with profits made from your great decision to buy at awesome lows? Whatever it is, the choice is yours. Just like the choice you made to buy in the first place. Everyone is here for a reason, and that doesn't have to be the same reason as yours. Even the most well-intentioned, well-informed post has its limitations, namely being that it belongs to the person who posted it. If you then take that on board, you are responsible for that. No-one else.

Anyway, I am wide-awake up here on the Sunny Coast, so I thought I would do a little bit of finger-tapping. This is not meant to ease any pain or trivialise the current happenings of the company. There are questions, and there will be answers, but not right now. This is just a nonsense-rambling from a not-so-tired husband, father and fellow shareholder.

An Ode to MUS

I bought me a Mustang, twas bright ruby-red, and I wanted to see how she'd go
    So I loaded her up, took off up the road, - black smoke my poor girl did she blow!
    I was quite at a loss, to explain such a scene, for the man said that she was a winner
    But while he ate a steak, on a fine-china plate, I only had lost dreams for dinner

I cursed at the car, and slammed shut the door, while kicking my foot at the tyres
    And cursed often more, than ever before, at the car dealership full of liars
    They sold me a lemon, I thought to myself, as if nought on this Earth could have stopped me
    But as choices come by, whether laden or light, they are done so with wills that are free

The doubters walked by, and just shook their heads - I should have bought something more sound
    Your Mustang is nought but a pile of dirt - T'would be better put back in the ground
    But these men couldn't see, what this car meant to me - The time that it took to acquire her
    I asked all around, would anyone help, to perhaps fix her up and revive her?

After several delays, the news came about, that the problems within her were noted
    And the tools that were needed, and the effort to fix her, were both being duly devoted
    So I rolled up my sleeves - nah, I sat back and waited - for things to eventually calm
    And while she cost me some pennies, of which there weren't many - It didn't cost ALL of the farm

The problem, you see, was in my girl AND me - The way she was built and my driving
    She wanted a warm-up, I went flat to the floor, and that's where we started nose-diving
    When the smoke started blowing, and the gauge started slowing, I instantly cursed at the car
    Or the man in the suit, or the guy with a tweet, or the salesman's grin from afar

There had to be someone bar me I could blame, for these things, I am told, are like gold
    But for every dream that is bought for the best, a thousand get packed up and sold
    Alas, my decisions, have come down to me, and no-one is therefore to blame
    And though my girl's in the workshop, and I'm on the bus - I've still got a hand in the game

I'll wear all the costs to get the car fixed, rather than selling and buying another
    Cause I'm deep in the red, maybe over my head, but I'll bunk down and pull up the cover
    For tomorrow will come, and then down the track, my girl will be back on the road
    'Cause despite the prestige and the signal of wealth - Even ruby-red Mustangs gets towed!

You see, I didn't invest with a mindset that's best - I rushed in with a dream for the day
    But now I am long, with a mindset that's strong, for success lingers some time away
    So patiently wait, my up and down friends, as my Mustang gets worked on and fixed
    For just like a good gin and tonic, I think, the car/gem/stock market is mixed

Your Mustang will get itself back on the road, and you can jump back to the wheel
    And test your resolve, to drive on once more, with grit and some nerves made of steel
    But always remember, if she breaks down again, you've got friends on the ol' speccy bus
    They'll save you a seat, to put up your feet - That's the beauty of being with MUS

Good luck everyone.

AP

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add G79 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.