RRS 0.00% 0.1¢ range resources limited

an open letter to puntland elders

1. 721 Posts.
    This is a sign of real desperation almost the same hand
    as one of our regular posters?

Enjoy the read but remember the validity of some of the stuff on this website in the past.

Longclaw

http://www.garoweonline.com/2004pro/index.php?id=3682

Somalia: An Open Letter to Puntland Elders
    FiicanCaadiHoose Qiimeyn: 3 / 3 (1 )

Related articles
    Puntland Oil & Mining Deal: The Offspring of an Affair between Greed and Incompetence (Part 2)
    • “The Puntland contract gave an unfair advantage to Consort Pty Ltd.

Posted: 2006 May 27 - 03:50
    • I have the aim to encourage our elders to oppose the tactics...Mogadishu warlord.

Respectful Elders,

Firstly, and foremost, let me indicate how honor it is for me writing to you this harsh time, when our puntland is burning and is about to collapse once for all.

For sometime now, I have been thinking why your (The isimis) role in creating of a peaceful state is not present after creation of Puntland? As you might know the history, when troubles erupt between rival clans, you were the only source that people, could find as the only option to bring reconciliation and organize negotiations between the two sides. If such suppositions were true, then, why like those times is not happening now?

Many controversial issues are increasingly coming to the ground, that many question have remained unanswered, this have impelled me to present my personal appeal to you, for the hope that It might bring an eternal peace and stability in our region.

It is not my intention, as unwise people might translate it, to criticize my elders, that I refer them as my fathers, yet, I have the aim to encourage our elders to oppose the tactics of self-interest oriented and opportunist whose sole objective is to transform the policy of Mogadishu warlord- that suggests unstabilizing their land and killing their own people-to our peaceful region of puntland.

Nothing stays the same, if puntland had the status of being stable region; it has lost that pretty status now, for that reason, its now the turn of our valuable elders to sit together and bring up with what could lead to us to the peaceful way.

Dear Isims,

We have established puntland, and you were the backbone, as you might know, the goals that has been established for puntland was to pacify our land and promote our economical condition, to do so, we have set up the goal that we should be those who take the opportunity of restoring Somalia’s lost nationhood, in somehow, that purpose was at work for sometime, until a day came that we saw an agreed federal charter.

I can show my confidence that our former leader, Abdulahi Yusuf was indeed a brilliant and an outstanding hero that has devoted to go any direction which might guid to him in achieving our state goals, but the question in here is, what sort of a leader we are having after Abdullah Yusuf? Did our current leaders fallow the footsteps of previous leader? What is your idea about the current leadership in puntland? Isn’t it the right time to react and oppose the barbaric deeds of Adde Muse in extracting and looting people’s natural resources? Do you aware of the new militias recruitments in Qardho? If yes, then why they are being trained in Qardho? And if this new recruitments were a state-owned police, why they were not trained in Armo police Academy?

It is an obligation to contradict what is happening now days. Mr. Adde Muse, along with the international mafia from Australia have jointly agreed to pick up any minerals that are inside our land. So far, the Rang Reources team were meeting an emphatic resistances from the people of Qandala, and Majiyahan.

Its for sure, and clear that the sole objective of Adde Muse is to personally utilize resources of an eraes where he has never been at. Its a questionable that why Adde Muse is preffering to take out natural resources of Qandala since he has never pledged a single Dollar to promote the current situation of Qandala. Its remarakabe also, that Adde Muse has even failed to build up the city council of Qandala, unlike his home towns of Bayla and Qardho.

Like Qandala, the people of sanaag are also confusing why they are being looted while their region has never been allocated any budget of promoting the weak social service in sanaag region.

As you well aware of, the citizens pay expenses of the government as form of taxes, and in return, governments should provide the basic needs of the society, the question is has Qandala and Sanaag region ever been built school, hospital, roads, or as a basic, build an administration?

Dear Isims,

For those reason above, now that every one of the people of Qandala and Sanaag know that they were already have forgotten by puntland state leaders, can any one of us deny that those people have every right to confront any personal intrests that Adde Muse and that Mafia Range Resource LTD willing to get from Qandala and Sanaag region?

As we can understand, Adde Muse is not in any way willing to discus those people, this will, however create a violence between him and the people of those areas. This violence will, as you might know, loose many innocent lives, for that, we, especially your honorable elders of puntland, should react and discourage Adde Muse and his team to forget any means of forcing some thing that is against our people.

Dear Isims,

We cant over look the militants that are being recently recruited. We can also, understand that Range Resource is visibly funding those militants that are now being trained in Qardho.

We can also know, that people of qandala and sanag will never allow those Mafia to come around their land and extract their naturals.

Extracting puntland’s natural resources is not wrong, its, rather good for all of us. That’s its undeniable, but who will extract and for how?

Adde Muse has shown his sign of being self intrest when he nominated his cousin of coordinating puntland and Rang resource, called Liban Boqor, who is in Melbroun now for talks with rang resource officers.

Training special forces to be used as means of attacking and destroying people’s homes is unworkable now, the history has told us that no clan can defeat the other, it can only increase the hostilities between our people, and this will finally cause to loose our current administration, which is something that can not be given the green signal to happen.

Instead of training clan-based militants, we should have better promoted our own police forces. The thousand of Dolars that have been spent on training those militants in Qardho would have been meaningfull if we would spend them on promoting police quality, securing our buring areas, to enhance the security of Garowe, and Bosaso which is deteriorating recently, building schools, hospitals, and most importantly, would have finished the trail building of our Bosaso Airport.

For those countless incidents, which are happening in front of us, I would personally request you to redress them and go any direction to prevent any misfortunate of loosing our loved ones and properties.

Ahmed Osman Haji Farah
    Islamabad-Pakistan
    Mob. +92 321 5299470
    Email: [email protected]

The opinions expressed here are the author's and do not necessarily reflect the editorial position or have the endorsement of Garowe Online

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RRS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.