I spoke to the person I'm buying my septic tank from (I'm...

1. 10,404 Posts.
    I spoke to the person I'm buying my septic tank from (I'm building a little house on the water) and have been introduced into the new world of effluent treatment.

The system I'm using is called A.E.S whereby liquid from a convention septic tank and grey water from bath, laundry and kitchen is channelled into underground piping embedded in various types of sand. In the end the water flows into the soil near pure water.

This guy said that he's involved in the sale and installation training of the A.E.S. system in Laos, Thailand and Vietnam.

In Laos for example the capital and every provincial city have untreated and semi treated sewage seeping above ground, polluting underground water and flowing into surrounding creeks and rivers reducing water quality to near dangerous levels.

New, cheap sanity arrangements are a matter of primary concern all over South East Asia and this haphazard attitude to building and development is changing building codes and attitudes that have been ingrained for ever.

So it looks that future economic juggernauts are re-arranging their priorities and giving better governance over development both economic and domestic.

And all this is beginning because of smelly, putrid, crappy water.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.