1MC 20.0% 0.3¢ morella corporation limited

An unholy Trinity: USD 125m < 10 mths to resolve....., page-138

1. 778 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1078
    Happy to continue the discussion @sabine, apologies for the long post in advance.
    - when i say market risk, I really mean prices, as prevailing prices ultimately impact the offtakers willingness and ability to honour the offtake. This also depends on how profitable the offtaker's operation is and how well capitalized they are. Their ability to take a small knock near term (prices below offtake floor) for the benefit of upside longer term (prices above ceiling price) depends on their ability to carry a loss near term and continue operating
    - offtake risk forms part of market risk. Banks want bankable creditworthy offtakers with big balance sheets to get comfort that they can honour offtakes. Again there ideally needs to be some vested interest beyond the offtake itself and supply chain visibility from sc6 to battery or vehicle manufacturer. Who are your offtakers customers and their customers etc etc. Is there a weak link in that chain and who is it. How precarious is the entire link?
    - I dont think stage 2 is on the books anymore to be honest, and is it really worthwhile burning through a comparatively small resource at current prices. I wouldnt have thought so. Raising capital for s2 would be near impossible. Best they keep focusing on s1 and getting through the rough patch they are in
    - marketing efforts I believe are focused on securing additional offtakes for s1. We have no idea who is taking what, all we know is that it's going somewhere. The biggest concern is lionergy, and goes back to the comments above. Who are they, are they bankable, how is their plant going, are they ramping up or producing like there is no tomorrow? Who knows, silence on this front. They still hold a decent offtake amount, enough to cause serious worry if they turned around and said sorry guys can you wait a year as we iron kinks out in the plant. Unless one of the other offtakers can take up the slack, ajm would be in a real predicament
    - re banks taking a long term view, I think you will find banks are still very conservative and arguably so. They prefer well understood commodities with established markets and or ability to hedge / offload risk. Commercial banks are not investment banks, they take calculated / mitigated risks. Asking them to take a leaf out of Rodney's or Lowrys book might be a stretch. These so called experts have by and large been wrong to date and so have most so called experts. So who do you believe? Again the banks will take the easier wait and see approach. Can you blame them? After all majority of us have our super invested in these banks and want them to make a decent low risk return.
    - agree the project is now sufficiently de-risked from a development perspective but unfortunately ramping up in a market downturn is not an easy feat. Neither the company nor the broader market expected to be in the current predicament when construction funding was secured. It still is however a single green field asset, something commercial banks don't run at unless all aspects including market risk are well mitigated and understood.
    - re international vs domestic banks, while having domestics in the mix is not essential, having them in the lending group would be preferable. The transactional banking piece improves a lending banks return as it doesn't eat away balance sheet/no risk return. Most internationals wouldn't offer the transactional banking piece or if they do they wouldn't come near domestic banks offering. In other words it helps to get domestics onboard, for both tighter margins and whole renewables marketing push they would offer.
    I no longer hold as it no longer meets my risk appetite and i was happy to take a hit and stick to my personal parameters.
    The company has done incredibly well given the circumstances it faced / continues to face.
    Good luck to holders.
    Aimo

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 1MC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.