analysis needed, page-8

1. 6,074 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 294
    Stormr in response to your rather dramatic is this the end of Perth.
    Consider Perth had 24 months of price increases from 2012- 2013 whilst Melb and Syd were flat. That increase peaked in late 2013 due to combination of factors;
    Slowing population increase
    High vacancy rate
    Loss of confidence in above $600k bracket
    Run out of puff.
    Perth will still be here tomorrow, what is happening in my opinion.
    Massive oversupply in inner city units is busting the myth that closer to the city is always good.
    As I have stated many times NEVER BUY UNITS. It is the land that goes up, yet idiots are still signing up for off the plan units. Supply is increasing at the same time as demand is slowing end result drop in prices. The upper end has never recovered from the GFC and Perth people maybe realising a bit late that Mc Mansions are crap investments, good for the ego and impress people but when confidence slows they are the first to fall and the last to recover.
    The outer suburbs and below $600k is still alive and no price falls in most entry level areas.
    Perth market has returned to normal eg, some up, some down, and the median is being distorted by the huge activity in the bottom areas.
    My view is Sydney and Melb will probably slow soon and return to normal as people calm down and the reality hits that all is not going to go up forever.
    Cycles come and cycles go.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.