MSB 1.49% 99.5¢ mesoblast limited

Agree. Patents and their application are incredibly complex. I...

1. 6,452 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2626

Agree. Patents and their application are incredibly complex. I was involved enough in this space in the biotech industry to know what I don't know. And your points are exactly the kind of issues which we faced as we reviewed and created/modified our patent portfolio vs our competitors patents and their practices.

I'm sure everyone has tried to carve out their little niche in this space in terms of patents, trying not to step over the existing ones and add just enough to be inventive to qualify for a patent. There were many times we would find the patent office would send back our patent for modification based on 'prior art'. We also know the patent office shouldn't have granted some of the patents we put in as well as competitors based on some minor technicalities which only experts in the field would have the necessary knowledge to distinguish. But once its granted, it definitively will make your competitors think twice and act as blocking patents and allow you to send a 'cease and desist' backed up by the patent, even if we knew it may not stand up in court wink.png

Even from the MSB website, we know MSB have patents in this area. The devil is in the detail...

Manufacturing

Our patent portfolio also includes issued and pending coverage of proprietary manufacturing processes that are being used with our current two-dimensional (2D) manufacturing platform as well as the three-dimensional (3D) bioreactor manufacturing processes currently under development. These cell manufacturing patents cover isolation, expansion, purification, scale up, culture conditions, aggregates minimization, cryopreservation, release testing and potency assays.

https://www.mesoblast.com/science/intellectual-property

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
99.5¢
Change
-0.015(1.49%)
Mkt cap ! $1.136B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.02 $1.02 99.5¢ $2.005M 1.991M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 14424 99.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.00 63643 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.