TXN 0.00% 58.0¢ texon petroleum ltd

icharusits all different rock in the efs, so you have to wait...

1. 8,316 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 180
    icharus

its all different rock in the efs, so you have to wait for 60 and 90 days production figures which will be put out by texon.. all wells decline, swift estimate EUR's of "4 - 7 Bcfe resource potential per gas well" for the region close by to texons acreages, with one well 200 meters from the tyler ranch 1h

petrohawk have the 3 different EFS fields, redhawk, hawkville (near by in mcmullen) and blackhawk (in dewitt county)

in hawkville, early last year, they were experimenting with various completions

"On our Hawkville operated position, we have a number of, what I call, experiments where we're testing whether it'd be restricted rate or hybrid frac, versus slick-water frac or various other comparisons we can make between either production practice or completion practice. And one of those is a restricted rate well offsetting a well that's non-restricted. To the question of whether we think it has the same makeup in terms of why it should work, it's really too early to tell. They are distinctly different reservoirs in terms of their overall mineralogy."

all operators have to take a wait and see on exploration well frac experiments, you can never tell 100% whats going to happen, and we have no idea on the style of frac swift uses, nor petrohawk nor XTO nor murphy or eog nor talisman or anyone else, and unless your looking directly at the report itself, how can you compare if you not aware of production liners, or what the design of that experimental well is. are they running it at full tilt, or heavily choked? are they doing 60 days no choke then running a hard choke? or waiting 6 months and putting in liner then and choking?

all i have is some indications of ip wellhead pressures on the the san miguel, but not much on choke sizes. and absolutely nil on the type of frac, be it slick water, gel or whatever. and texon have been closed shop on their frac.

we dont know if the swift well has a production liner in it or not, nor do we really know what texon has inside the hole in terms of liners etc. we know swift have 2 completions close by each other, and in all likelihood, imho they would be running two different styles of experimental completions. then you leave the two wells alone and examine what the rock is telling you. later on you then devise better well plans and frac designs off what you have learned.

a real good friend of mine is about to get a well on his ranch, its very close to the kowalik wells and turnbulls, which are in karnes county.. but the type of well he will get will be totally revolutionary, the operator (a different one to the kowalik operator) is looking at a totally new well design to anything i have seen and heard anywhere in the efs. i am really curious myself how his well will go, he also tells me as landowner, that he has no choice on what type of well they put in, but as its experimental, like most of the wells the operator has in place, he feels apprehensive in case it turns out a complete disaster like kowalik 1 and 2. his neighbours are obviously bitterly disappointed with K1 and K2.. but looking at it from the operators side, they foot the bill for disasters, and he doesnt.. its just he cant buy the same luxury car as some others can in the county.

personally, i think the proposed well he will get is very exciting, and i can see their thinking and i know what type of numbers they are looking at for the efs wells in terms of EUR's.. its a step in the right direction

i view the swift strategy in mcmullen totally as experimental exploration wells, i dont see infill development wells going on with them.. these are wells where your testing the formation and different completion techniques, its what you do when your in an exploratory stage of drilling.

my view on the texon well is very positive, its a nice start and texon are in no rush to jump into the second frac immediately without the first well results to examine.

plenty going on in the texon camp right now, 3 olmos sands wells with the first already started, and the second EFS completion to occur in march 2011.

all imho and dyor

icharus, keep on flying up near the sun, i am sure your wings wont melt :-)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TXN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.