TXN 0.00% 58.0¢ texon petroleum ltd

analysis update, page-38

1. 2,613 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 268
    The non-holders here are not saying TXN is currently on a road to failure or that they are following the same road as AZZ. They are simply pointing out concerns on what was, let's face it, a bad decline from a well which flowed at excellent initial rates. In other words telling the less knowledged investors to be cautious- that's it. And quite frankly that doesn't seem like bad advice (for any stock really).

Yes, this was TXN's first well, and TXN is still very much in a testing phase, although if you don't think questions should be raised over a well which initially flowed 1267 boep/d, to having a first 30 day production average of 655 boep/d (with the current production rate now probably at 300 or so), then clearly you turn a blind eye to bad news concerning this stock.

TXN has alot of potential if the company/fraccing crew can optimise the specifications of the well to decrease the declines, although if I held this stock, I would certainly be interested in insight from both sides of the fence, especially after the first well's declines.

The Eagleford Shale story of TXN is just starting really, and it's a combination of all the wells (not just the first one) which will decide whether this story is a good or bad one, I think we can all agree on this point.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TXN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.