IMM 4.41% 35.5¢ immutep limited

"25% maximum is my rule no matter how great it seems to be"Heck,...

1. 1,182 Posts.
    "25% maximum is my rule no matter how great it seems to be"

Heck, even if your maximum was 75%, or 90%, at least you're managing your risk in SOME sort of way. Putting EVERYTHING onto PRR *may* make you rich and set you up for life, but is it worth the (rather significant, I might say) risk of losing absolutely everything?

It's all about living to fight another day in the event of the worst possible outcome.

I'm a student studying medicine so unfortunately I don't have the capital to invest in PRR without breaking my rules regarding capital and risk management. The maximum I would EVER risk with a speculative biotech company is 5%, maybe 7.5% if I was in close contact with the board and sure as HELL about the success of the company. If I were to risk that much now my stop wouldn't be very far away from where the price is.

I missed a CFD technical entry point at 21.5c and yes, holders have the right to be excited and to post about their recent success online. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. But what I do have a problem with is simply deciding that every single person who doesn't cheerlead PRR has alternate agendas.

PRR is a 250 million dollar company. Who could be POSSIBLY stupid enough to think that posting on an online amateur forum could alter the share price.

Everyone's views should be respected, but it all simply comes down to how the trial results go. You can post all the analyst valuations in the world and argue with downrampers till the cows come home, but in the end you're just betting on the outcome of CVac. Personally, I haven't spoken with any company members and haven't looked into the technology, so I have NO WAY of knowing what the probability of success is. And thus I would never touch PRR.

But that's just me. If you've done your research, are confident and have acquired the education in immunobiology to make an educated guess as to whether CVac will succeed, then good on you. If PRR ends up failing atleast you did all you could to prevent a bad investment. If you haven't the foggiest about the technology, have simply read a few reports, are excited about what the holders are saying on HC and are betting the farm on PRR, I leave you to make your own conclusion as to how you're going to justify losing everything to yourself.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
35.5¢
Change
0.015(4.41%)
Mkt cap ! $515.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
34.0¢ 36.0¢ 34.0¢ $1.270M 3.611M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 286261 35.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
36.0¢ 253490 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.