WSA 0.00% $3.86 western areas limited

Hi Atotx,I accept your observation is probably true but being a...

1. 217 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    Hi Atotx,

I accept your observation is probably true but being a relatively new member of HC myself I cannot comment.

What I can agree with is the GFC being a catalyst for new members but I would like to think a fair portion of them are like myself. That means in the past they have accepted the advice of financial advisers/brokers and other professionals only to find themselves paying big fees for average returns. Even then all the professional advice didn't limit the damage.

I had serious misgivings for some time about the market and NEVER acted on them, assuming the profesionals would be be making the right decisions. If anything subsequent events have confirmed my feelings about financial advisers/amrket analysts who routinely get it wrong.

The outcome of all this is that I have decided to start putting my money where my mouth is and do my own investing. Hence the moniker 'patsy' because I am determined NOT to be a sharemarket patsy again.

As such I am on a massive learning curve and arming myself with as much information as possible. HC just happens to be one of those avenues.

I agree that there is a lot of ramping and unhelpful posting but I think most level headed people will work out who are the main culprits given a few months of following their stocks.

What I would caution against (not implying you are guilty here) is outright jumping down the throats of new posters. It takes some courage to post when there are clearly so many people with a lot more knowledge than yourself but you have to start somewhere. Some may think your posts elementary or even dumb at first but as that person learns more than their contributions could prove to be more helpful.

Here's hoping I become one of them!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WSA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.