BBI 0.00% $3.98 babcock & brown infrastructure group

"On the other hand i'd hate to be drowning on an island with you...

1. 7,746 Posts.
    "On the other hand i'd hate to be drowning on an island with you around, you seem not to be a friendly or helpful person."

I suggest you take some swimming lessons.

"I had 100,000 shares, now showing 6 shares in my portfolio.... Is that correct?"

There has been a 15,000-1 share consolidation, rounded down to the nearest whole number. So 100,000/15,000=6(rounded down). So that is correct.

"I have not been following at all."
    That is dangerous. 100,000shares isnt small change.

"Can someone briefly shed some light and advise on new code if so."
    The 6 shares you hold are currently trading as BBIDA. They are traded on a defered basis. This means if you buy today you must also settle today. ie T+3 does not apply.

In a few days they will stop trading on defered basis(BBIDA) and begin trading on normal T+3 under code BBI.

Following that their will be an official name change to Prime Infrastructure, and the code will once again change, this time to PIH.

Your 6 shares currently have a value of just $25 and will be uneconomical to sell with brokerage fees. Wait and hope a share buyback will mop up all small parcels in near future.

Also dependinG if you acquired your shares via conversion of Beppa or outright purchase of BBI, you should be eligible to recieve a 4c capital return.

This 4c capital return will offset your cost base for tax purposes and may result in a capital gain or loss depending on your entry price.

The 4c return per original BBI share(ie 100,000) will most likely be by cheque, although if link share registry have your banking records could be made by direct deposit.

If you have invested in a "dog" of a company, i suggest that is the most important time to be active and protect your capital.

BEWARE THE PIG, and safe swimming.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BBI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.