AVQ 0.00% 2.5¢ axiom mining limited

And now a reassuring word from CEO Ryan Mount., page-38

1. 527 Posts.
    Hi Pow4ade,

I would start with reading the Judge Brown transcript, just go to the sections revolving around Customary Land.

One of the points SMMS argued at the high court (and I presume the rest of the way) was that the land we are trying to mine on was not Registered in the correct way from Customary Land - Registered Land. Which sounds simple enough, but really does have massive implications.

Now Axiom was arguing two points regarding this issue, a) that it was Registered Correctly in accordance with Custom and above board officially and b) that because it is (or was) Registered Land then it can no longer be brought to court to face the charge that SMMS were making under some Indefensible (law thing), Pretty much that because it was now Registered Land it fell under a new set of rules and should simple be thrown out on that account (and axiom put forward a bunch of other cases where the was the precedent).

Well, the CoA (though stated they understood how judge brown came to his conclusion) reversed that, saying that because of those massive implications regarding the transfer of the Customary land to Registered Land, (which effect the very people their living off the land), they believe it was within the courts Jurisdiction to allow Rectification of the Register, which then as you can put two and two together canceled everything as no one owned the land (in the sense of Registered Land). Of course it is still owned by the Customary Holders... However it is not so clear who they are or could be.

Thanks

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVQ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.