LYC 2.56% $6.10 lynas rare earths limited

and now for something completely different, page-15

1. 90 Posts.
    I think the issue is mostly political - because of the particular ethnic and religious complexion of Malaysia, the influence of China guarding its own interests and a certain anti-Australian xenophobia. (I note the almost tetchy letter of the Malaysian High Commissioner to Australian Senator Bowen - I think - regarding negative portrayals of Malaysia with respect to the asylum seekers issue.)

I don't think you can exclude other issues: shorters, hedgers and take over opportunists either. But you can't blame tigers for being tigers - they like to hunt and kill - it's what they do.

But the basis for my investment is the sound financial decision to refine REEs. It's also in Malaysia's best interest not to obstruct a perfectly safe industrial development. This would cause companies to think twice, if not three times, about sovereign risk there.

So I'm holding long in the expectation that reason and patience will triumph before fear and restless ambition destroy a unique opportunity for win/win wealth creation.

If I had a few more dollars I'd keep buying.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.10
Change
-0.160(2.56%)
Mkt cap ! $5.701B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.14 $6.16 $6.02 $31.69M 5.119M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 23252 $6.09

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.10 23221 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.