LYC 1.32% $6.90 lynas rare earths limited

and now for something completely different, page-32

1. 3,760 Posts.
    Happy Cats,

I just want to put some more scope around and deconstruct this issue of perceptions and elaborate as to why, conceptually “perceptions is reality” is still flawed. I am not supposing or proposing you should by LYC or any other stock.

However in terms of perceptions and these being realities (or not), can one deny that any reader on HC could perceive and perceive correctly (according to them), that a poster who posts continually merely “for the benefit of others and out of the goodness of their heart” and who doesn't own LYC or any stock we may happen to be discussing therefore has an agenda? Agenda in the strictest sense. i.e. to achieve their own ends.

I hold Lynas. I have an interest in perpetuating factual and correct information. I have an interest in pulling up and weeding out incorrect, factually erroneous information and sly/subtle planting of doubts and misgivings. That is my agenda. It is called backing your belief. And I can profit by doing so. Stupid shareholders do stupid things and this impacts on me directly.

You and others who do not hold have absolutely no such interest. Therefore, objectively one must perceive posts form non-holders are suspect. This I deduce is the default position until proven otherwise.

Unfortunately, for non-holders, being proven otherwise is seldom if never the case. None-holders who are out of Lynas are often so obviously negative in sentiment, content and posting style and then do an about-face in their sentiment, content and posting style sometimes intra-day or from one day to the next. This behaviour is insidious and diabolical. Holders, diehard holders or those merely holding because they are having a punt over say the medium term simply do not exhibit this behaviour. There’s lots of other ramping and exuberance (sometimes even stupidity), but behaviour whose sinister-ness knows no depths does not come from such as these. (I can think of and name examples but I don’t want this discussion to be moderated).

Sadly I can’t say this for non-holders of any stock on any forum anywhere. Especially Lynas.

This logic isn't a stretch. You and others who do not hold (fair enough), it could and is perceived therefore that you have an agenda with the content of your posts and how negative sentiment (baseless or otherwise) is communicated. Non-holders on this forum are either short or want to enter at lower prices and will demoralise (generally speaking) in order to do so. As mentioned, I benefit directly by spending time on HC or with the Lynasheads engaging in productive and constructive discussion. Why oh why on earth would any non-holder (of any stock) lurk the threads.

Answer: To push their barrow. Often butting heads willfully and stubbornly with posters’ whose credibility is beyond question.

Cheers and good luck.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.