CAP 6.00% 9.4¢ carpentaria resources ltd

and so it begins, page-50

1. 6,591 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 256
    Mezzac let's keep it nice and simple. Pretty much your trying to make up a bit of your losses by betting on CAP being taken over. Let's dissect this strategy for a moment to see if its a good idea. Yes a takeover may come, but other beaten up stocks could get taken over quite as easily. And let's face it, a takeover doesn't normally guarentee those quick gains that you seek. BBG's takeover got dropped and is now at all time lows, SDL has been in a takeover saga for the ages and stocks like EOC are trading nowhere near where an offer has been made for it. Then there's something like SBL which was in a takeover situation and now is in who knows what. My advice is that takeovers are few and far between, and even when they do eventuate rarely do they jump up immediately to the bidding price. Investing on the basis of takeover bids alone will wear your patience thin. Here's what I would do in your situation. If your only reason for buying more CAP is you believe a takeover is in the wind, then perhaps diversify your portfolio and look at other stocks with sound fundamentals. If CAP goes up then you make some gains on what you already hold, and if it doesn't go up then you haven't got all your cash locked in the stock on the hope that it will one day rise.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CAP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.