CNP 0.00% 4.0¢ cnpr group

I've been doing some research on this. I must say upfront that...

1. 1,190 Posts.

I've been doing some research on this. I must say upfront that sub holder rules are not a strong point of mine. If I have any of this incorrect, please let me know.

I think the holding belongs to Vanguard but is held by a number of custodians, including JP Morgan.

I base this on two reasons:

1. Vanguard run a couple of listed property funds in Australia and are known for their investments in LPTs. They would not be a stranger to the industry.

2. Section 609 (3) of the Corporations Act, when talking about 'Relevant Interest' says:

(Quote)
    Holding of securities by financial services licensee.

A financial services licensee does not have a relevant interest in securities merely because they hold securities on behalf of someone else in the ordinary course of their financial services business.
    (Ends)

Vanguard has a financial services license so if it was holding them on behalf of the parties, it would not be required to report. If any of the parties mentioned held more than 5% relevant interest, they would be required to report on their own.

However, if Vanguard holds 5% or greater itself, it is required to report a sub holding under S671b, which I think is what we have seen today.

See also the disclosure from Orbis on CER which is not dissimilar.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CNP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.