MEO 0.00% 0.0¢ meo australia limited

and the winner is... petrobras???

1. 362 Posts.
    My confidence rises.

Petrobras traditionally has their December Board meeting on the third friday of the month. The third Friday is today.

Hence, the decision should be made o/night Australian time (if it's petro) and MEO would announce on Monday morning.

We also know they had a Board meeting around the time of the last delay. That week they announced a major deal and on the fri night before MEO's mon. announcement they released their third quarter results. Hence, board meeting had big deals and results to go over which is why MEO would have been put in shade.

How many majors fitting the profile (reputation, size etc.) in the right timezone would have had board meetings fitting MEO timeline?

As for independence...
    Note this article last year about the success of the company:
    "Unlike other national oil companies that are run directly by government officials, Petrobras has a management board that is largely independent of the Brazilian government.

That independence from governmental meddling is directly related to another factor that differentiates Petrobras from its peers: The Brazilian company's stock is publicly traded, a rarity among national oil companies."

Note also this article earlier this year about their desire to get some Aussie gas:
    http://thejakartaglobe.com/business/petrobas-eyes-gas-expansion-in-indonesia-australia/308883

It would be the first Aussie entry and they have a joint venture with Woodside so maybe the discussions became more complex because of discussions about commericalisation???

I really hope it's Petro...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.