and then there is this.?!, page-83

1. 48 Posts.
    "And then there is this?" -Great title

I am neither a bull nor a bear, just here to learn... I have property and I have property for sale and I will buy property again...

Now "then there is this" what happens to the money we are all paying down at present?

I hear Australia is deleveraging and using interest cuts to pay down debt, rather than re-invest.

Also property has come back in price in different (lots of) areas.

We are sitting on record deposit funds.

My thoughts

Property down some what
    People owe less (due to deleveraging and paying off debt)
    Record deposit funds available

Will people that have deleveraged see an advantage of property equity (through deleveraging) as a good backstop to leveraging back in? Banks lend say 80% of equity vs selling and paying CG tax, RE fees, legals etc = a loss of 10% minimum.

Whilst consumer sediment is down at present, Aust has access to "record deposits" (according to HC the Bears own most of that), nevertheless they can afford to put up a 20% deposit on property-not leverage to hard, banks do and will continue to leverage against property, people will have access to more equity through paying down mortages through the current sentiment and interest rates.

What will Aust do with it's new found equity? What will they do with record deposits?

Unfortunatly we are not renowned for our conservative ways, Aust loves to spend and be seen as wealthy (even when we are not). We want more than the American Jones's.

I just wonder where the money and equity will go, we have seen to much votility in shares over the last 10 years, yet in comparrison only a marginal 10% Max overall property decline. (and thats generous) over 10 yrs it is still a substantial gain-thus far...

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.